BY BUTTERFLY FARM & GARDENS OF SAN ANTONIO

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Monarchs Arrive in Texas

The Monarch butterfly has left their wintering grounds in Mexico and are arrving in Texas. If you do not have milkweek do what you can to get some and set them out in your garden. They will need host plants for the next generation and will also need lots of flowers for nectar. We hope this will help. Other plants your garden should have are curled parsley for the black swallowtail and passion vines for the gulf fritirlary.

3 comments:

Rachel Neil said...

I've always loved butterflies, they are so colourful and graceful

Unknown said...

Indeed beautiful pictures. Loved the way you have captured the beauty !!

butterflylullaby.blogspot.com said...

Oh my gosh what fantastic photographs. Amazing! I adore butterflies. One day I hope to have a real butterfly garden. Would you allow me to use some of your photos to create butterfly fairies? In the UK our butterflies are dying out because of bad weather. But I did manage to photograph a few in the past two years they make great fairy wings. Thanks for sharing Sharon from Butterfly Lullaby